Erika's Journal: It's a Housewarming

Sunday 1 November 2015

Erika's Journal

Erika McWilliams | Journal Entry: #2

After the last couple of days I decided to participate in the morning yoga class, it was a great choice as it turns out, it was all about soothing the mind. Though when the yoga instructor fell asleep while teaching the class, it got a little awkward. To avoid speaking to the instructor I ducked out as soon as the class finished.
I headed downstairs and decided to hit the weights. Half way through my weights routine I met Sarah Richards, she was pregnant with her first child and also lived in Oasis Springs. We spent much of the afternoon talking, eventually she had to head home as the pregnancy was really taking a toll on her body and she needed to sleep.
I finished the day with a swim to get some cardio in, by the time I got home it was already dark. I decided to head straight to bed and fell asleep quite rapidly, I was exhausted. The next morning I hurt all over, I'm guessing this is what Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness is? Or DOMS as the gym goers call it.
My pain mixed with my cooking skills resulted in an oven flavoured grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast. Lucky for me I was able to mask most of the taste with some herbs, though at least I didn't set anything on fire this time. As the sun hadn't risen yet I took the opportunity to water the garden and watch the sunrise.
While watching the sunrise I thought about all the opportunities that now lay ahead of me, I was in charge of my own life now and finally had the chance to enjoy the small things. Waiting for the residents of Oasis Springs to wake up I practised my mixology skills, and surprisingly didn't spill anything onto myself!
It didn't take long and my neighbours were going on their morning walk, or jog. I took the opportunity to introduce myself to some of them, though it didn't always work out too well. I guess I didn't need to spill anything onto myself, someone else will do it for me.
After cleaning up I decided that if I'm going to host a house warming party I should do it today, before the work week starts up again. With a few quick calls, and help from the friendlier people I met, the party was up and running. Everyone loved the party and even gave me an award for hosting it! I didn't even know that people gave out awards for that kind of thing!
When I saw Sarah I couldn't contain my excitement, it turns out her body didn't want to sleep yesterday, as soon as she got home her water broke! She is now the mother to a wonderful little boy named Beckett. To celebrate her entering the "official" motherhood stage I gave Sarah a makeover, she was looking for a change in style and it was the perfect opportunity.
Hugging Sarah as she left I felt that I had made a true friend in her. I have never had a friend that didn't always want something in return for being there, this feeling of hope is something new to me.

Stay tuned for Erika's journal entries via email, on Tumblr, or subscribing to the RSS feed.

Leave a Comment